Sustainability is integrated with Scentre Group’s core business activities. The aim of sustainable business practice is to operate safely, more efficiently, use energy more wisely, produce less waste, engage with the community, and build and redevelop shopping centres that make the most of new technology and new design techniques. The board and senior management have made sustainability a priority, seeking to incorporate its principles into the Group’s culture and operations. We believe that a stakeholder-centric approach will help Scentre Group achieve our aspiration of creating shared value, efficiency and ultimately a position of proactive innovation.
Our recent focus has been on how to create a Sustainable Business in alignment with our business purpose to create extraordinary places connecting and enriching communities, and we are continuing to embed sustainable practices more deeply into our operations.
In many cases, sustainable development simply means extending current environmental practices where Scentre Group has a strong record of achievement, such as water and waste management. In other areas it involves the introduction of new processes, which enable Scentre Group to better measure and reduce the environmental impact of our business. Scentre Group’s sustainability objectives involve direct engagement with staff and the communities they live and work in. The Group encourages its staff to engage with retailers, investors, local communities and other external partners as part of its overall sustainability approach. The health, welfare and safety of staff is a priority and Scentre Group strives to maintain its excellent safety record worldwide. Scentre Group reviews its health and safety policies regularly and uses a rigorous compliance program so that staff members are aware of laws, regulations and codes of practice in their respective countries.
Please find below sustainability reports from Scentre Group and those from Westfield Group which include Scentre Group assets:
- Click here for the 2016 Sustainability Report
- Click here for Scentre Group’s Reconciliation Action Plan 2016-2018
- Click here for the 2015 Sustainability Report
- Click here to review Scentre Group’s 2016 submission to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- Click here to review Scentre Group’s 2015 submission to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- Click here for the Sustainability Report for performance in 2014
- Click here for the 2014 Westfield Group Sustainability Report
- Click here for the 2013 Westfield Group Sustainability Report
- Click here for the 2012 Westfield Group Sustainability Report
- Click here for the 2011 Westfield Group Sustainability Report
- Click here to view Westfield’s 2012 submission to the Australian Government’s Energy Efficiency Opportunity
- Click here to review Scentre Group’s submission to the Carbon Disclosure Project
- Click here to review Westfield Group’s submission to the Carbon Disclosure Project
- Click here to review Westfield’s 2014 submission to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency