“Responsible business is core business. It is fundamental to Our Purpose, creating extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities and Our Ambition to become essential to people, communities and the businesses that interact with them,” said Scentre Group CEO, Peter Allen.
“Our leading platform of 42 Westfield Living Centres across Australia and New Zealand remained open throughout 2021, delivering essential services to our communities. This is important as our centres are hubs of economic activity, contributing to and supporting local jobs, supply chains and businesses.
“I’m very proud of our team and their ability to be proactive and decisive in supporting our customers, communities, business partners, people and investors.
“Looking ahead, we will continue our focus on delivering responsible business objectives to drive performance and create value for our stakeholders.”
Scentre Group’s 2021 Responsible Business Highlights:
- Customer advocacy as measured by NPS improved to 38, up +2 points
- $4.88 million in community grants donated through Westfield Local Heroes since 2018
- Leveraged the strategic locations of Westfield Living Centres to facilitate access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Received an 85% Engaged and Inspired score in 2021 Employee Survey
- Retained 94% of key talent
- Candidate NPS 86, +6pts from 2020
- 30% reduction in total portfolio Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions since 2014
- 100% renewable electricity in New Zealand from 2022
- Recognised as Climate Change ‘A’ List by CDP – the only company in Australia and New Zealand to achieve this
- $738.7 million distribution for the year, exceeding guidance
- Contributed to the economic recovery by providing cash flow support to SMEs
- Awarded a $12 million contract, our largest investment to date in an Aboriginal owned business
Our full 2021 Responsible Business Report and Data Pack is available here.