Westfield Knox

Westfield Knox is one of the largest shopping centres in Melbourne. Located at the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges approximately 25 kilometres east of the CBD, it is easily accessed by major arterial roads, including the Monash and Eastern Freeways. In 2021, Westfield Knox commenced a $355 million redevelopment to be completed in stages between late 2022 and 2023. Stage one will feature a new fresh food market on Level 1, including ALDI and Woolworths. The second stage will see the addition of the Knox public library and an elevated retail and lifestyle offer spanning a diverse mix of categories and uses. Once complete, Westfield Knox will span 144,810 square metres and feature seven major retail partners and approximately 350 speciality retailers. The centre currently caters to a trade area population of approximately 474,000 people, with a total accessible market of 2.2 million residents. The centre is home to a range of Australia’s most well-known retailers including Kmart, Target and Coles. There is also a Village Roadshow cinema complex and a broad mix of retailers including over 380 specialty retailers.
 

The total retail spend by the Westfield Knox Total Trade Area was estimated at $7.3 billion in 2021 and the total retail spend by the Main Trade Area was estimated at $3.4 billion. The total annual retail spend per capita for the Westfield Knox Total Trade Area is estimated at $15,296 which is broadly in line with the Melbourne metro average ($15,152). Westfield Knox Main Trade Area residents have high rates of home ownership in the area. 82% of residents own their own homes or are paying a mortgage, compared to the Melbourne Metro average of 69%. The workforce in the Main Trade Area is largely a professional one. 71% of workers are employed in white collar occupations with the remaining 29% work in blue collar roles.

Key Stats and Figures

Disclaimer and sources

Sources
Urbis;  Market Info; ABS (incl. Census 2016); and Quantium (Quantium's data output captures the electronic bank transactions of representative sample of people who purchased at Westfield Living Centres and their associated Trade Areas. Representative electronic bank transaction data is weighted using the ABS 2016 Census to be demographically and nationally representative of the Australian market. ). Refer to applicable Westfield Living Centre Trade Area Maps for further trade area information. Drives times were estimated using Google in 2019.
Note: Household income estimates are as at the Census year, Population and Retail expenditure estimates are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and provided as a guide.

Disclaimer
The portfolio information on this webpage is produced by Scentre Shopping Centre Management Pty Ltd ACN 000 712 710 and its related bodies corporate, as applicable (Scentre Group). The information is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct as at February 2022.  The information does not constitute any offer, warranty or representation as to the profitability of the Centre or any premises.  You should make your own enquiries and obtain your own legal, business and financial advice about your participation in the Centre and you must satisfy yourself as to the correctness of the information set out on this webpage before acting on it.  Any forward looking statements on this webpage are not assured or guaranteed and may be affected by a number of unforeseen circumstances.  The extent of any redevelopment and its timing may change dependent on a range of issues.  Any retailers, location of tenancies, depiction of usage or category of retailers represented are for illustrative purposes only and do not constitute any representation as to the final tenancy mix of any redevelopment or otherwise.  Neither Scentre Group, the lessor, nor any of their related bodies corporate will be liable or otherwise responsible for any loss or damage (whether from negligence or otherwise) suffered as a result of any decision that you may make to act on the information contained in this presentation.

Leasing contacts

Jonathan Kahanoff

Leasing Executive , Leasing

0411 119 847

Email

Mark Reid

Leasing Executive, Leasing

0447 712 210

Email

Lucy McKendry

Leasing Executive, Leasing

0430 122 446

Email

Daniel Lombardi

Regional Manager, Leasing

0438 450 416

Email

Geoff Wright

Regional Manager, Retail Design & Delivery

0437 377 217

Email

Brand & Retail Solutions Contacts

Promotional, Pop up & Advertising

Online enquiry

BRAND & MEDIA SOLUTIONS

Superscreens

Smartscreens

Digital & online

Sponsorship & custom campaigns

Experiential & pop-up

CENTRE LOCATION

425 Burwood Highway

Wantirna South, VIC 3152

03 9814 5000

Email