Scentre Group (ASX: SCG) today released its 2022 Responsible Business Report highlighting progress across the four pillars of its Responsible Business approach – community, talent, environmental impact and economic performance.
The Group released its first Climate Statement today, supporting greater investor, employee, customer and stakeholder understanding of progress against its net zero emissions (Scope 1 and 2) 2030 target. Scentre Group’s third Modern Slavery Statement was released.
Scentre Group CEO Elliott Rusanow said: “Operating as a responsible, sustainable business underpins our ambition to grow. It’s an important part of how we create long-term value for our securityholders.
“Our inaugural Climate Statement is aligned to the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures and outlines our net zero pathway and how the Group manages climate-related risks and opportunities. It also describes our integrated environmental plan and initiatives to reduce our environmental impact.
“In the nine years since Scentre Group was established, we have achieved a 38% reduction in Scope 1 and 2 emissions. With renewable electricity agreements in place for New Zealand and Queensland, we are on track to achieve our interim 50% emissions reduction target by 2025.”
Scentre Group’s 2022 Responsible Business Highlights:
• $21 million community investment over the past four years
• $355 million investment in Westfield Knox to create a community destination
• Launched Auslan Santa pilot program
• 93% of key talent retained
• Successful CEO and CFO leadership transition
• 5 days ‘Life Leave’ introduced for our people
• 38% Scope 1 and 2 emissions reduction since 2014
• Renewable electricity procurement agreements in place across Queensland and New Zealand destinations
• Achieved Retail NABERS Energy 4.5 star portfolio average
• $1,040 million Funds From Operations (FFO) up 20.6%
• 15.75 cents distribution per security up 10.5%
• 3,409 lease deals completed, a record for Scentre Group.
Scentre Group’s full suite of responsible business documents, including the 2022 Responsible Business Report and Data Pack, 2022 Climate Statement and 2022 Modern Slavery Statement are available online.